Thursday, March 15, 2012
Day 13
Today's scripture was Mark 6:45-51, Jesus walking on water. I related more with the disciple in the boat than I did Peter. While Peter stepped out of the boat the other disciples were still in the boat and still very much terrified. I do not believe this story is at all about over coming your fears or "stepping out of the boat" but to realize that Jesus is Lord over all and deserves to be worshiped by all of creation. This is the part that I struggle with the most. God has demonstrated his power to me on several occasions. I may not have witnessed him feeding 5000, or walking on water and calming the seas but I have seen him work in my life in powerful ways. Like the disciples I still continue to doubt the power of God in my life by not allowing him to rule in all aspects of my life. I keep asking myself what is it going to take for me to be completely surrendered to Christ. If He is LORD over all then I must surrender all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.