Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Day 19
This passage I had to use the pronounce it method to fully grasp the whole picture. We know this woman to be Mary from reading John and knowing that we know she wanted to be with her Master. Made me think of Riqui and Ben. When its their birthday or any other special occasion for that matter, I really put thought into what I get them. To me, the price is of no significance but quality is. To me, they deserve the best. Jesus was about to die on the cross for our sins in 2 days and she gave Him her "best" gift. She gave Him her all. Then I got deeper into that and took it to the church. The bible tells us to give one tenth of our earnings and most of us do. But Mary gave her all. Made me scratch my head a bit as I drowned in my chair of shame. I realized in my heart I should give my all. Yes I tithe but if I just see it like that, what sets me apart as a Christian woman? I should be glorifying God more with my gifts . Do people actually see and hear Jesus in my attitude and actions, and as Paul told the Corinthians that “Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.” (2 Corinthians 9:13 NIV)
Sounds like everyone at that table was a little too comfortable. We think that just cuz our lives are going good then God is happy. We eat while others are starving. We laugh while others can use you for prayer. It's more than just the cost of the perfume. It's servanthood. It's doing something special for the One you love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome insight. I too need the attitude to give my all. I am guilty of giving what's left over both in $$ and time. If I am truly a servant of Christ, then He deserves all of me and mine!
ReplyDelete