Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 14

Mark 7:31-37

Unfortunately, I related to the deaf mute man. I say this because I have a hard time listening to God when he is trying to speak to me. I get so caught up in myself that when God speaks it is as if I put my fingers in my ears so that I cannot hear his voice. Of course I feel so ashamed when I realize what I have done but time and time again I find myself deaf and unwilling to listen to the Lord as he speaks over me his words of encouragement and love as I choose my desires over His. Secondly, I feel like I am mute when it comes to the gospel. While I should be sharing it boldly and clearly it comes across more confusing and muddled. It is as if I am trying to share the gospel but it is not coming out clear at all and it looks more like a Sunday school answer or just plain watered down. I truly not only want to hear Gods voice I want to obey and proclaimed it. Maybe one day I will be more like the deaf man's friends by bringing the lost and broken to the feet of Jesus to be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.