Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 7

My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

As I was meditating on this scripture for the day this morning, the "in Christ Jesus" stuck out to me. I have always focused on the "My God" part and therefore it was God that was meeting all my needs. However, as I re-read the scripture using the pronounce it technique, I became focused on the "in Christ Jesus". The NKJV says "by Christ Jesus". This implies to me that God does meet all my needs, but He does it through Jesus! This adds a very interesting dimension to this verse. It brings me back to the bringing where God created the universe and He did so through Jesus!.

I definitely need to "chew my cud" a bit more on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.