Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 2 - Picture It

We all should have taken the time to watch the DVD session Two. Rick talks about developing the quiet time, why have a quiet time, and how to get started.

I have to admit, last week was a challenge for me to daily set apart a time to do the activity for the day. I am asking God to help me do better this week.

I am looking forward to the Picture It method as this is something that seems to come naturally for me. I do find myself many times when reading the scriptures putting myself there and "looking around" to see what is going on, people's facial expressions, what were they thinking, and things like that.

Let's all try to do better this week in talking and discussing what you are getting out of this series. This only works if we all work together.

don

2 comments:

  1. I had a hard time last week too, not only with setting aside time but with the pronounce it method. I'm not very good with words and so it was a struggle to think of the meaning for each word. By the time I finished a verse I was usually more confused than enlightened. You should see all the words I scratched out in my book!!
    I really like the sound of the picture it method though. I regularly try to put myself in other people's shoes and see things from their perspective. I've even done it with a few Bible stories before. The only problem is that I usually identify with the person who didn't do the right thing. So we will see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little behind but I wanted to share that day 8 question about being the leper. "What are you desperate for God to do in your life?" That question hit me hard because I do not think I have ever really stopped and prayed about what it is I am truly desperate for God to do. I know most of my desires have been centered around money and stuff but spiritually it has been lacking. After giving it some thought I realized that what I am desperate for God to do in my life is to help me see how desperate I truly am for Him. Does that make sense? I feel like I have been in a place of wanting but not for the right things. I have come out of a place of desperation and now feel like everything is ok. Do I want to go back to the the place I came out of? NO!!!! But I do not want to allow myself to become complacent and lazy. I need to remind myself of where I have been so that I am thankful and also aware of how truly desperate I am. I think application of this is to be constantly in his word seeing stories of how people thought they had it all together and Christ reminded them that they were a wreck and needed him desperately.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.