Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 18

Today's scripture (Mark 11:25) is about we must forgive to be forgiven.

"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses (Mark 22:25-16)

As I was using the Probe method and asking the questions as I meditated on this passage the two questions that really hit me the most were: Is there an attitude I need to change and Is there a command I need to obey.

I can fall into the attitude that I need God to forgive me even of my most rebellious actions and thoughts. And yet, at times I do not extend the same to others. I find it hard to forgive when someone intentionally hurts me. I would much rather let them simmer in my heart and I review over and over the injustice and how could they. This scripture says that if I want God to forgive me of my hurt to Him, I must first forgive those that have hurt me. This is not only an attitude adjustment but also a command. I must extend the same grace to others that He has extended to me.

I realize that I don't have that kind of grace. I realize I can only do this with the grace God extended to me. I must be convinced that God is bigger than any hurt or injustice done to me.

Father, please bury that truth in my heart and life and let me always extend your grace to others just like you did to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.